Wednesday, October 3, 2012

{31 Days} Cork Spheres

Day 3: Cork Spheres


When one enjoys a glass of wine as much as I do, one is left with a collection of corks! David and I traveled to Philadelphia a couple of years ago and inspiration hit while we were shopping around in Anthropologie. The designers had created large cork spheres and had them hanging in the windows.

Since then, I have been wanting to make a much smaller sphere for our home. To start this project, I collected a lot of corks, a styrofoam ball, and hot glue. I painted the styrofoam light yellow thinking it would blend in with the corks. Not so much....  If I could do it again, I think I might use a dark brown.

I started by gluing a circle of corks around the sphere...

and then a second...

and then a third...

I then filled each quarter with corks. I noticed there were a couple of holes so I cut a few of my fake corks in half and filled in the gaps.

and there ya go! Cork Sphere!!

This project takes more corks than you would think! But I think it is a perfect accessory to sit on top of my wine bar!

Three Down! 28 to go!!

3 comments:

  1. Another cute project! I may have to make one of those for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like your cork sphere! But I am so distracted by your green lamp! :) It's so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Morgan! They are old brass lamps from the thrift store that I spray painted that pretty green! I love them too!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section so if you ask a question come back to look for my answer. However, it is much easier for me to answer questions through email at lorrinteriors@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips