Tuesday, October 9, 2012

{31 Days} Initial Mugs

 
Day 9: Initial Mugs

I'm running a little late on this Tuesday so I needed a quick DIY for my 31 days challenge.  I found this tutorial on Pinterest over a year ago and also picked up the white mugs from the thrift store not long after! They had the mugs on sale for 10 cents each so I stocked up! I thought these initial mugs would make great gifts with some homemade hot chocolate this Christmas.


 I started with my three white mugs and washed each one so they were good and clean.

 Next, I sketched on the initial and name with a plain Sharpie marker.

Then I baked the mugs in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Let the mugs completely cool and then you are good to go. These mugs are hand-wash only and not dishwasher safe! Great simple gift and easy DIY!!

I am behind on my schedule for this 31 days! Last week I had each post written at least a day if not two in advance. But I have been feeling a bit sickly and falling down on my job! I will get better at this!!

9 down! 22 to go!


4 comments:

  1. oh, I love this one! Would be a perfect favor for my hot cocoa Christmas party! =) Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Laura - I love love love this! And you're so right - a perfect gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i actually found this on pinterest and did it... i was very excited till i washed it a few times.... the sharpie does come off... when i make another batch i will pray it with a sealant of some sort...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried to wash them since they are gifts. Did you hand wash or run them through the dishwasher? Just wanted to check so I can be sure to let my grandmother's know!! Thanks for the feedback!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section so if you ask a question come back to look for my answer. However, it is much easier for me to answer questions through email at lorrinteriors@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips