Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Rustic Glam Christmas Tree

Yes- that is the same name I gave my tree last year... and the tree looks very similar to last year's tree. If I had it my way (and an endless holiday bank account), I would change up Christmas decor every year. My husband, on the other hand, thinks that idea is ridiculous! So I am using much of what I had last year but tweaking it just a bit! So without further ado- here is our 2012 Rustic Glam Christmas Tree!


I used my "fabric feathers" that I just loved on last year's tree and layered in silver, gold and burlap ribbons.  I stuck with my gold, silver, mercury glass and rustic ornaments although I did surprise myself with a few new ornaments that I forgot I bought after Christmas last year!


I also set up our advent calendar on time this year and we have enjoyed counting down to Christmas!

In the middle of the chaos of trying to pack and move, the glow of the Christmas tree makes the house still feel festive- just ignore the all the boxes!! It just wouldn't be Christmas without the tree and I couldn't stand the thought of not setting it up!


 If you're curious, here is a photo of our 2011 Rustic Glam tree:

I'm linking up with Honey We're Home and Thrifty Decor Chick for their Christmas Tree Parties!


9 comments:

  1. Your tree is gorgeous! I love the feathers and I love that you did still put it up, even though you're moving. I'm sure it helps amongst all the chaos to have something as comforting as a Christmas tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no need to change it up from last year it's so beautiful! Plus you are too busy unpacking. I love how you mixed your metals! The tree skirt is so pretty!

    Amber @ Wills Casa

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm totally interested in your advent calendar. Do you put a ornament on the tree everyday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ma'am. I chose to put our more unique ornaments on the advent calendar so it is fun to find a place for each one on the tree!

      Delete
  4. Seriously, that is the nicest tree I have ever seen. I am so in love with it! The advent calendar you made is just gorgeous too, I need to make one just like it next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your tree! And I actually named mine the same thing ... a rustic glam tree ... before I ever saw yours. I found yours from Thrifty Decor Chick's link party. (And since my name is also Laura, I think it might just be a Laura thing. :) )

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very beautiful!! And that advent calendar!! L O V E !! Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cant find those fabric feathers!!! Where in the world did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought them back in 2011 at a store in Canton, Texas- Paul Michael Company. They came in a package of 5 for about $13. Here is a link to their website- http://blog.paulmichaelhome.com/. Another lady commented back then and said she didn't live anywhere close to a store location, but was able to call and order them over the phone with her card and they shipped them to her. I don't know if they still have the same ones available but they may have something similar.

      I hope you are able to find some!!

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section so if you ask a question come back to look for my answer. However, it is much easier for me to answer questions through email at lorrinteriors@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips