Thursday, December 8, 2011

Deck the Halls {O Christmas Tree}

It's the most wonderful time of the year! Christmas music in the air, a warm fire on a chilly night and the glow of a beautiful Christmas tree! We have had our tree up for a couple of weeks now and I have been tweaking with decorations ever since! Put the ribbon on- didn't like it- take the ribbon off (x3). Put all the ornaments on but it was still missing something! Weaved in some large feathers and fell in love! I still feel like our topper is lacking but we can work on that! Without further ado- here is our Rustic-Glam Christmas Tree!
I started with a mix of gold and silver ribbons and a silver beaded garland. Silver ball ornaments and a few other fun gold and sparkly ornaments with a few pine cones, branches and feathers finished off the tree!!


and our lovely Wedding Invitation Ornament looks great!
Our tree topper is a few branches from outside in the woods that I spray painted gold and silver.  It needs a little more "filler" and a little more sparkle and I think it will be just right!

I finished up my tree skirt last night!
I have a few more ornaments that we will put on the tree but I have to finish my advent calendar first!! Look at me- I am already 8 days late on counting down! I'll have to get on that one soon!!!

So there you have it- our Rustic-Glam Christmas Tree!
I'm linking up with:

11 comments:

  1. Your tree looks amazing! I LOVE the feathers coming out the top .... so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's one of the prettiest trees I've seen this season. Those feathers - I saw the photo first and wondered what the heck kind of ribbon or garland that was, LOL! Feathers! A stroke of genius and the perfect touch. Okay, I suppose I shouldn't ask, but were they terribly expensive, and where on earth did you get them???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Jan! I bought them at a store in Canton, Texas- Paul Michael Company. They came in a package of 5 for about $13. I should have bought more than one package! I love them! They look so real but they are a fabric material. Here is a link to their website- http://blog.paulmichaelhome.com/.

    I hope you are able to find some!! And thanks again for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info, Laura. I would never have guessed in a million years that those "feathers" are actually made out of ribbon. They look like real feathers, complete with ribs!I never cease to be amazed at the materials available today for decorating -- I'm such a novice! Unfortunately, the only stores are located in Arkansas, Texas and Louisiana - far away from Milwaukee, Wisconsin :( However, I am going to try my luck emailing and beg for them to send me some or, failing that, see if they can provide me with the name of a local supplier or someone I can order the "feathers" from online. I was so inspired by your blog. This is all so new to me. I've lived in this house 21 years and this is the first year I've really dedicated myself to "decorating" for the holidays. I have to say, I've impressed myself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous girlie! I'll be featuring your tree this week! Thanks for linking up:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. your tree is stunning! i love the colors and love that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi everyone and Merry Christmas!

    As a follow-up to my prior comment, I was not able to locate any Paul Michael Home store anywhere near where I live in Wisconsin, so I emailed their Customer Service that I found online, inquiring as to whether I could purchase the feathers or if they could direct me to a supplier closer to where I live. I received a reply, and they have been delightful! The upshot is that I have ordered a packet of the feathers and will call them next week (the feathers are intended for my 2012 tree so time is not of the essence) to provide my cc information over the telephone. Not many businesses would be willing to do that for a small order like mine is. You know, the shipping cost will be about as much as the feathers themselves. So it goes. I am just delighted with them! I hope everyone will visit their beautiful website: http://blog.paulmichaelhome.com/

    Jan

    P.S. Laura, thanks so much for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section so if you ask a question come back to look for my answer. However, it is much easier for me to answer questions through email at lorrinteriors@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips