Thursday, December 6, 2012

Simple Fresh Wreaths

In phase 2 or 3 of trying to decorate our mantel earlier this week, I came across four embroidery hoops I had stashed in our junk room and thought they would make great little wreaths. Seconds later, I was out in our yard (with a flash light) clipping greenery off a few bushes we had around our house.


I created four of these simple fresh wreaths all within twenty minutes- seriously easy with the exception of a few hot glue burns.  Although they didn't work for my mantel, I found a new home for them hanging in front of the window behind our Christmas tree.

I put a line of hot glue around the edge of the hoop and then clipped small sections of the greenery to wrap around until the front of each loop was covered. Then I hung each hoop with some leftover silver and gold ribbon I had in my Christmas stash.

I'm glad I was able to find another home for these cute little things. They may not last all season but there is  plenty more greenery where that came from out in the yard!

I'm linking up with Centsational Girl for her Christmas Craft link party and The Nester for the Best Christmas DIY and Crafts Ever Party! Head over and check out all the great inspiration for decking your halls this season!

1 comment:

  1. These are so gorgeous!! I'm definitely adding them to my list for next year's decorating!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section so if you ask a question come back to look for my answer. However, it is much easier for me to answer questions through email at lorrinteriors@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips