Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Deck the Halls {Merry Mantel}

This year I wanted our mantel to sparkle! I used a mix of golds, silvers, mercury glass and twinkle lights!

 I wrapped our garland in silver and gold ribbons and then tucked in silver ornaments.
I spray painted the finial that sat on our fall mantel. It was red but is now a pretty hammered gold. I bought the mercury glass trees and candle holder and then added one of my cute owls on one side...

On the other side I have my gold mercury glass candle sticks, striped candle holder, another cute owl, and a gold hexagon faux candle that I picked up from Salvation Army.
The hexagon candle looks really yellow here but it doesn't normally look that way. It flickers and is ok to forget to turn off before going to bed! I would have burned the house down the other night if it was real!
I backed my mirror with another strand of lights to make it stand out a little more from the brick.
I am working on of fun wreath and some stockings to hang with care for my sweet little family. But for now, my mantel is just enough sparkle and glow to light up our living room!

Linking up with:
Holiday 

3 comments:

  1. Your mantle is beautiful! I love the decorations - it looks so cozy.

    I am your newest follower. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Laura,

    Your mantle is just stunning! I'm partial to metallics myself :-)

    And the lights behind the mirror - so creative! Really lovely.

    Hope you have a nice holiday season :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love the silver sparkles + lights. Great job! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section so if you ask a question come back to look for my answer. However, it is much easier for me to answer questions through email at lorrinteriors@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips