Monday, November 28, 2011

Decking The Halls {Wedding Invitation Ornament}

Although this is technically our 2nd Christmas, David and I finally have "Our First Christmas" Ornament! I pinned this great ornament made from a wedding invitation and thought this would be a perfect addition to our Christmas tree!!
I started with two wedding invitations and cut one in horizontal strips (so you could read each line) and one cut vertical (for longer curls).
I then wrapped the strips around an ink pen to make the curls and put each one in the ornament.

The ornament turned out great and it will be special for David and I for years to come!


Linking Up to:
Lemon Tree Creations
Centsational Girl 
Bower Power Christmas Crafts
The Southern Product Queen 
Holiday

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I have a bazillion leftover wedding invites, programs, etc from our wedding. I am totally doing this! And I will probably make a few for my family as well! Love! Great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura -- where did you get the ornament balls from?

    Cheers Niamh
    www.KathleenaThomasDesigns.com
    www.VancouverBanshee.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section so if you ask a question come back to look for my answer. However, it is much easier for me to answer questions through email at lorrinteriors@gmail.com.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips