I have had an home office space in my mind lately. My husband loves to travel and would love to visit Africa again soon. I thought it would be fun to design a "Safari Country Club" home office for my husband around the "Cecilia Chair" from Horchow.
For this board, I set out to create a space that felt masculine with the world-traveler feel using rustic elements and lots of texture. I chose a deep,blackened navy for the wall color and lightened the space with a natural jute rug layered with a white cowhide rug. I also envisioned floor to ceiling, clean lined built-ins painted a white color to help lighten the moody blue on the remaining walls. A fun play on African wildlife with a modern Rhino head and a collection of vintage globes finish off the "Safari Country Club" home office.
- The star of the room is the pair of Cecilia Chairs sitting in front of the desk. This allows for the occasional client meeting or a comfy place for the wife to drop in and say hello.
- The windows would be covered in Coronado White Sand, Bali Grass Blinds like these used by Caitlin Creer. This light colored and textured window treatment adds privacy but still allows light to flow in while remaining masculine.
- The artwork- Seaweed by Michelle Armas- ties together all the colors of the room in a modern abstract piece.
- Z-Gallerie's Rhino Head will pop off the dark walls and make the African statement needed for this safari themed room.
- The Metal Accordion Side Table gives the client a place to set their drink and will sit between the two chairs.
- A collection of vintage globes are always fun to see and could be lined up or staggered throughout the built-ins which would be painted Benjamin Moore's Stone White.
- The wall color is also a Benjamin Moore color- Marine Blue.
- The Hendrix Desk from Crate & Barrel has a handmade, rustic quality that gives that masculine, laid-back African vibe to the office.
- The Barrel Back Desk Chair by Edward Wormley is a show stopper (and wallet buster). The olive green leather and dark walnut combine for a masculine desk chair that even this wife would love to have!!
- To lighten up the space, I have layered this Chunky Wool and Natural Jute rug from Pottery Barn and the Serendipity Devour Cowhide White Rug from RugsUSA.
- The Beaded Basket Lantern in Gray and Aged Silver from Shades of Light adds the perfect amount of masculine glamor to the space.