Friday, July 15, 2011

Chevron Crush

I have to admit... I have a tiny little crush on Chevron prints. Ok, not tiny- it's a rather large crush on Chevron. I would have the print all over my house on pillows, walls, floors, bed- anything that sat still long enough for me to find a way to make it Chevron (watch out Berk!).

That being said I think Chevron is a great accent to any room. It can be done subtly or very graphic- it just depends on the room and how much Chevron you think it could handle!!

Pinterest has become my new best friend; I seem to be addicted to it! I have been wanting to lighten up my bedding in my master bedroom for a little while now- The other day I spotted this bedspread from Urban Outfitters.
via Urban Outfitters

I love it but I think it might be a little much for our bedroom- and maybe not as "grown up" as a Master Bedroom should look. 

So then I thought- I could do shams in Chevron.

via Urban Outfitters

I could still get the print I love but in a toned down version- and guess what- Urban Outfitters sells Chevron Shams in three colors!!! Oh the possibilities!

So the plan:   I would love to have a simple white bedspread. I feel this will lighten up the room and give me a blank canvas for adding fun shams and throw pillows! I found this tutorial on Pinterest for a DIY duvet cover and I fell in love! It is knock-off of another Urban Outfitters duvet.

via Pinterest
Isn't it lovely-The ruffles may be a little feminine for David's taste but maybe a few "manly" throw pillows will fix that. I have some coral euro shams that came with our bedding we have now and some white "flokati" (furry) throw pillows. Maybe with the blue chevron pillows above and a burlap pillow like this-

via Pinterest
I'll have to let you know how it turns out- hopefully soon!! Until then... I'm off to look for more Chevron for other rooms of the house!!

via Pinterest
via Pinterest
via Pinterest
 And I even found something for Berk- but I might see if I can make it!

via Pinterest
Have a great day!!

1 comment:

  1. I love chevron too! It's fun and love love it! I'm a new follower!

    Have a great day!


Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section so if you ask a question come back to look for my answer. However, it is much easier for me to answer questions through email at

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips