Thursday, February 23, 2012

Love Never Fails Word Art

I am back at a little DIY-ing this week while trying to finish up some projects in my master bedroom. My first project was more "word art". I know.... more word art! There is something about having sentimental or inspiring quotes or lyrics around your house to inspire or remind you of a special day that keep me making more (plus it is inexpensive)!

These words are the lyrics to the song we had sung at our wedding- "Love Never Fails" by Brandon Heath. It is a beautiful song!

I started with these frames that I picked up at my local thrift shop. I paid only $6.00 for each one and knew from the start what I wanted to do with them (just took me about 6 months to get around to it).

I loved all of the detail and color in the frames. The gold ties in well with a few of the other gold accents in my bedroom and the coral color (although it is reading as red in these pictures) look great with my coral euro shams.

I typed up the lyrics again in Microsoft Word and chose a pretty font on my computer. I chose a charcoal gray as the font color and then made the word "love" coral to match the colors in the frame. I then had my 8.5" x 11" sheet enlarged at a print shop in town to fit the size of the opening in the frame.- this cost me only about $1 per page!

Since it was an odd size, it was printed on an 11" x 17" paper. I trimmed off the extra paper to make it the size I needed to fit in the frame.

I then popped the art in the frame and smiled because I finally finished this simple project!

Such a great reminder of the best day of our lives! They are hanging over my nightstand for now! As soon as I finish up a few more projects, I'll reveal the room I have been working on for months! haha!

What is your favorite way to remember great quotes or lyrics? Do you have them all over your house like me? I am planning some actual "art" pieces soon!!

Linking Up with 320*Sycamore- Under $10 and Under 10 Minutes


  1. Very cute idea! I love the detail in those frames! What a find!

  2. This is such a sweet idea. I love the frames and the coral color detail. When my husband and I were married a friend of ours made something similar for us as a wedding gift. Visiting from 320 Sycamore.


Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. It means a lot. I try and answer any questions directly in the comment section so if you ask a question come back to look for my answer. However, it is much easier for me to answer questions through email at

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10 11 12
Blogging tips