Sarah's challenge is to create a room around one of three unique pieces of art from creative Etsy artists. I choose to work with Carl Christensen's photo "Romance of Fall".
- The art work, "Romance of Fall" is the star of this room. Everything is centered around this one piece.
- The dark charcoal gray paint, Benjamin Moore's Amherst Gray, makes the room feel cozy and modern.
- The Paloma Dining Table from Crate & Barrel is a simple and beautiful dining table with wood tones that warm up the room.
- The Slip Buttercream Side Chairs, also from Crate & Barrel, are on either end and tolix-like chairs fill the length of the table. The modern side chairs help to lighten up the space and these 1934 Dining Chairs from Sundance feel somewhat like a chair in a farm house which I imagine is right on the other side of the fence in the photograph.
- The "Birds Nest Chandelier" (Antique Bronze 5-light Pendant Chandelier from Overstock) is a modern take on a dining room chandelier.
- A yellow bois print rug brings a pop of color into this rustic room.
- Light, airy curtains balance out the bolder, darker, colors, texture and fabrics.
- A cute little birdy on the Chickadee Yellow Dinner Plates from Crate & Barrel add a bit of whimsy to the table and tie in nicely with the Amber Luster Glassware from Pier 1.
- and adding some fun Billy Button flowers in mason jars for a centerpiece on the table finishes off the room!