The inspiration fabrics that I chose to work with were the Algiers Lotus and Jajam Brinjal. I usually don't decorate, wear, or typically drawn to anything pink so I thought this would push me a little outside of my box.
I wanted to design a room for that twenty-something girly-girl who just made it big- has her dream job in the big city, cute dog, and the perfect new apartment! She likes to keep things light and airy but loves to mix colors and patterns for an eclectic and collected vibe. This is the design for her new Bohemian Bedroom!
- The room started all around the Algiers Lotus and Jajam Brinjal fabrics which we made into large throw pillows for the bed. From there we added a collection of other pillows made from these fabrics: Avan- hot pink, Arches Print- orange scallop print, and the Geometric Crochet Citron- yellow floral print.
- The rectangle Gather & Glean Pillow is a great hand-stitched pillow to mix in with all the pillows.
- The Rivulets Quilt added the perfect feminine touch with its ruffles and a great white backdrop for all the fun, bright pillows.
- For a little color towards the end of the bed, we tossed on the Golden Rod Sunset Throw.
- Laundry baskets don't always have to be an eye-sore! The Yellow Graphic Lidded Basket is just the right size laundry basket for a single girl and looks great sitting anywhere in the room.
- For the artwork, I found an abstract piece from my favorite artist- Michelle Armas's Miller. This piece pulls all the colors from around the room.
- The wall color is Benjamin Moore's "Lido Green".
- I am absolutely in love with this Antique Brass Starburst Chandelier! It is such a great pop of drama hanging from the ceiling!
- On one side of the bed we have the Robert Abbey Jayne Table Lamp. It has a sleek contemporary design that works great with all the texture throughout the room.
- What girly-girl wouldn't want to get ready in front of this Angelique Mirror every morning.
- For her vanity table, we chose the Source Console. I love the curvy legs and the storage it has to hide away all the make-up and brushes.
- The orange ghost chair is a fun place to sit in the mornings and doesn't take up too much visual space.
- On the other side of the bed, we put a Roberty Abbey Delta Schiaparelli Pink lamp for more accent lighting.
- To add storage for some clothes, we are doubling the Jacqui Four Drawer Chest as a night stand and dresser.